Monday, February 28, 2011

Enter, Solids

My first attempt at solids (Laughing Cow spreadable garlic & herb cheese, on slice of Tuscan bread, grilled) was a success! Next was a small slice of my brother's homemade veggie pizza. Also a success! Sunday was another successful day. Please note, I am being extra careful and chewing my food like 25 times before I dare to swallow it. LOL

Today I had leftovers from my Aunt's dinner last night, and had a little trouble getting the pasta and/or pork loin down. It wasn't a big issue, I just had to wait a few moments for it to pass, and it wasn't even completely stuck. The thing that stinks is, I get very thirsty while I'm eating, but since I can't drink and eat at the same time... well, this is an adjustment for me, for sure.

Saturday night I went out w/ my siblings and friends to celebrate my sister's 22nd birthday. I wanted something cold to drink, but am still afraid to try carbonation, so that ruled out beer. I instead went w/ Stoli O and Cranberry. The first bar we went to, DCs, served me my drink in a nostalgic old-fashioned Ball jar... it was a little more than 12oz. Not only was the drink quite delicious, it "magically" took effect as if I had drank 4 of them! This is going to save me OODLES of money when it comes to libations. ;)

Hope everyone stayed dry today. I hope the rest of the week is sunny, as it purports to be, w/ a few warm days in the mix too. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment