Thursday, February 10, 2011

Upper GI

And I'm not talkin' GI Joe. ;) This morning I went to the hospital for my routine Upper GI exam. Basically, it's an x-ray of your abdomen, to check and make sure everything is in the right place and working correctly. They had me drink a contrast, and can I tell you... it was SO COOL to see it go down my esophagus and into my stomach. I got to see where the Band was and the port as well. It was very quick. John dropped me off at the hospital around 8:15am and Aunt Denise picked me up and dropped me back off at the apt by 10:30am.

Pain a little less today. Everyday I get a little bit better/stronger and pain more tolerable. New pain development today in the upper part of my abdomen below my rib cage to the right. Feels like a pulled muscle... ouch! Oh well. Overall I am doing well and can't complain.

Had a nice surprise today... my Auntie "I" and Uncle Richie stopped by to see me and brought me some very useful things to get me started for the next "Soft Food" phase. It was so nice to have the company and spend the time with them. :) I really am a lucky girl to have such supportive family.

Sharon took the On-Q Pump out for me this evening. That's a huge relief in and of itself! lol Not that it was painful, but it was kind of freaky having tubes on the outside of my abdomen, that went into the center of my abdomen and continuing inside. It was the weirdest sensation while Sharon pulled the tubes out of me, I don't think I can even explain it right in words, but I'll try... it felt like never-ending, long, stiff worms being pulled out from within my abdomen. And it seemed like it took forever to get them out all the way! lol But, I'm tube free now! Yay! :) I also get to look forward to my first real shower tonight. I'm sure everyone around me will be grateful for this too. Ha ha

Ooh, and I enjoyed my first post-op Starbucks skim latte this evening! It was delightful. :)

1 comment:

  1. Just realized I can comment as I follow along in your blog. Hooray! So happy to hear that everything went well. We really need to get together and catch up when I get home.

    ReplyDelete