Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tummy Growl

As Temple of the Dog once sang, "I'm growing hungry." Not sure if I mentioned this in my post explaining the Lap-Band, but I won't actually get my first "adjustment" until I'm ready to go back to solid foods (about 5 weeks after the surgery). Right now there's only about 1cc of saline in my Band, just to flush the air out and make sure it works. Sooo... since my stomach/abdomen has been healing from the surgery, so has my appetite. And while I am getting plenty of protein in my diet, and the shakes are pretty satisfying, they are still liquid and I find myself feeling quite hungry throughout the day. I spoke w/ the nutritionist about this at my appointment yesterday. She said that usually means one is ready to move on to the next phase. When I go for my post-op on Friday, I plan to ask Dr. V if I can start the Soft Food Phase a couple of days early. The nutritionist said she is OK w/ that too! *fingers crossed*

In other news, I've still been sleeping on the couch, as it's been painful to lay down completely. Tonight I will attempt to sleep in my own bed again!

Each day at work has been a little better. This was a good week to go back, as we have off on Friday, as well as Monday, for President's Weekend. Too bad I'm not in one of those school districts who have all of next week off. But, I won't be greedy. :)

Thank you everyone for your continued support and words of encouragement! This is just the beginning of a long journey ahead... I can't tell you how much it means to me to have you there w/ me.

No comments:

Post a Comment