Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Post-Op Update

Two days post-op and the pain is subsiding! I still have some of those CO2 pains, and my hernia repair  hurts every time I breathe, but that's getting much better too. I just realized that the other night I did not mention that while the doctors were "in there," they saw I had a hiatal hernia, that they had to repair before putting the Band in. This is located in the diaphragm, hence the pain when I breathe. At least it has become more tolerable today. Sore throat from intubation finally kicked in. That seems to be tolerable too.. :)

I am officially on the protein shake/liquids phase of my post-op transition back to normal foods. I am grateful for this, and the fact that I can have 0% Greek yogurt too! This was key to me being able to get some sleep last night. If I got a half hour of sleep Monday night, I was lucky. Last night at 1am I moved to the couch in pain. Sharon heard me and said, "This is when you take the percocet!" I didn't want to take on an empty stomach and get nauseous (can you imagine the pain from heaving?! Ouch!). So, I took a pill, had some Greek yogurt and turned on the TV. Within half an hour or so (like 2:15am) I was feeling better and sleepy... Next time I woke up it was 5:30am! That was nice. I was able to fall asleep again for another 2-3 hours. Walked around a bit, had a protein shake for breakfast, and then slept some more on and off the rest of the morning. I need to catch up! Had another protein shake around 12:15 for lunch and have been walking around the apartment here and there. They say it helps w/ the healing and dissipating the gas pains. I think I'm going to have some Jell-O or a sugar-free ice pop now to help soothe my throat. I'm finding it hard to keep hydrated with the drinking water for some reason. I'll have to work on that.

I'm hoping the pain will be gone (or almost gone) by the morning. I have to drive to the hospital for an upper GI exam, to ensure the Band is in the proper place and there is no leakage. *fingers crossed*

Oh... my assistant at work called me again today to see how I was doing. She told me that the kids keep asking for me saying, "Where's Miss Valerie?" and that they miss me, as well as the moms. How precious is that?! It was nice to hear and made me feel good. Those kids are adorable, and probably the only thing I enjoy about my job.

Hope everyone is well and staying warm. It is pretty cold out there... I can feel it in the apartment! See ya tomorrow...

P.S. Random side-note... I had to take my tongue ring out for surgery, and have decided to keep it out for good! I know, I know... Big news, right?! LOL I just figure, I'm in my 30's now and maybe it's time to go our separate ways.  It's also caused some damage (chipped my tooth a few weeks ago!) which I could do without. So, farewell dear tongue ring... we've had some good times over the past decade plus. Ha ha However, the nose ring is staying!

No comments:

Post a Comment