Sunday, March 6, 2011

Strep, Agh!

Sorry again for the lag in posts. This time it's due to the evil monster, Strep Throat, who came to visit me Thursday afternoon, and decided to stick around for awhile. I finally went to the hospital yesterday, where they gave a miracle shot of steroids (my throat was that bad and fever 102.8), a bunch of meds and started me on antibiotics. When I tell you that after an hour I already started feeling better, it was amazing. AND I was in and out of Holy Name ER faster than I would've at Emergimed. Unbelievable. While my throat is still kind of sore today, the swelling has reduced immensely and I am on my way to full recovery!

So, now let me rewind a bit. Introducing solids back into my diet has been going pretty well so far. I have found that chicken breast can be a little troublesome as well as broccoli stems (which I'm not all that committed to anyway, ha ha). They (some people at the practice) are thinking I might not need many adjustments at all, if I'm already finding resistance without a fill. This is a good thing, I think.

And speaking of adjustments... I am definitely ready for mine. I've been measuring out my 4oz of food, and I am now at the point where I could eat more than that. I know you're all thinking, "Seriously? 4oz of food? Anyone can eat more than that, unless you're a bird!" But, that's all I should need to feel full and satisfied. And so, since I am able to eat more, and feel hungry sooner than I should, it means it's time. Today was supposed to be my appointment for my very first adjustment. Exciting isn't it?! Well, thanks to the Strep Throat, I now I have to wait until I am completely better before getting adjusted. Which, is okay with me. My health is always my number one motivating factor in this journey, and that's what this decision is about. Since I was heaving overnight on Thursday, they had me go into the office on Friday just to make sure it wasn't the Band causing any issues. Dr. V told me to drink lots of fluids, get better and wait until I was completely well again before getting adjusted. Oh, but while I was there, I got weighed (this is something they do every time you go) and to my great surprise, I lost another 7lbs! Making my total weight loss thus far (well, minus what I lost from not eating Friday and Saturday) 24lbs in less than a month! Amazing. I'm going to stick w/ this 1lb/week weight loss goal, so that anything extra feels extra good. :)

On a side note... I'm putting my job searching efforts back into full effect. Especially after my lovely little germ-breeders have infected me once again. If you know of anything, I would be so grateful for the information or heads-up.

Hope everyone is well and staying healthy... be careful out there, everyone's getting sick! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment