Monday, March 14, 2011

First Fill

Hi All... Got my first adjustment on Friday, the 11th. So far, so good. They recommend you go on a liquid and soft food diet for the first two days after, to help you adjust. I've had no problems w/ any of the foods I've tried so far, which is good. Then again, I am being extra careful, taking small bites, chewing the hell out of the food and eating super slow. Don't want anything getting stuck!

I am just about fully recovered from the strep, which is wonderful.

It's really amazing how my life has changed so much since the surgery. They tell you that the surgery changes you, and you start seeing the world through different eyes. I thought I was prepared for this. I am now realizing that I was not completely prepared. However, I am taking things as they come and slowly learning to accept myself and the circumstances around me. If something good is happening, embrace it! Don't question it. That is the new philosophy I am trying to live by. We'll see.

Today was a nice surprise... my school district was closed due to flooding! I did go in for a little bit though to help serve lunch, since the building was still open. But, I only had to go in for a few hours. No complaints here! :) Let's see if tomorrow's the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment