Friday, March 25, 2011

"One" IS Significant

Sorry I haven't been posting as often as I would like, but I haven't had much time on the internet lately. I will continue to make more of an effort to come online to blog. I love it!

I stuck to my plan this past week, journaling my food consumption and being aware of what I was eating. I definitely felt like I was overeating and would feel hungry before I thought I should. I really thought I gained weight since my last appointment, but when I got on the scale today, I was happy to see that I lost one pound! I know it's only one pound in two weeks, but that pound was so precious and I was so grateful to see it go. More so because I was afraid I had gained weight. Phew!

Gaspar (the NP from NYU) saw me today and did my adjustment for me. We spoke for a bit, and basically, as I already knew, but am now actually living it, everyone is different. Some people only need one adjustment and they're good to go, while it may take others three, four or six adjustments before they find their "sweet spot" and are living in the "Green Zone". Gaspar said he went a little easy on me (since I told him about my stuck chicken today) and gave me an extra 1.5cc's of saline. I am grateful for this since I am going away to western PA to visit Kristen, Scott and the boys, and won't have access to the doctors should I find myself too tight. For dinner I had some broccoli cheddar soup from Panera's (didn't feel like cooking), took my time, was able to get it down and felt satisfied after about 5oz. This is good. Once I start eating some solids, I'll be able to feel the restriction and know better where I stand.

Well, I'm off to bed. Have to get up early for my road trip tomorrow. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment