Monday, March 7, 2011

If the Sweater Fits!

Quick post, because I don't have much time, but am excited to share some non-scale successes with you all!

Last summer I bought a very classic, cute white dress w/ stylish black polka dots for a cocktail party. However, the dress was quite snug, and I felt like a stuffed sausage, so I opted w/ another, more comfortable dress instead. I again tried the polka dress on for Halloween. It was even tighter and I felt like I couldn't breathe. Back on the hanger and into the closet it went. Then yesterday I had the notion to give it another go, since I have lost a good amount of weight. And wouldn't you know... that sucker zipped right up, no sucking in on my part, and was actually LOOSE on me! Even in the bust area (Gasp! I know! haha). It was one of the most amazing feelings ever. Like a natural high.

This then inspired me to try on a few more items that were stored away at the bottom of my drawers. And low and behold... they fit! Today, I am wearing a beautiful sweater that I have not worn in TWO years, because it's fitted and every time I put it on reminded me of how heavy I had become, because it would emphasize everything. Not today though. It fits me perfectly, and I actually got several comments at work at how great I look and to keep doing what I'm doing. Someone even told me I had a cute little "cinched" waist! Seriously?! How uplifting to hear!

I know I still have a long way to go, but I will take these little victories any day, any time! :) Happy Monday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment