Friday, March 18, 2011

Yay... Warmth!

Could it be? Spring is finally here? No more snow? It is deliciously warm outside, and the sun is shining bright today, which always helps one's mood. :)

Today is one week since my first fill. I've been doing pretty well, able to eat and not feeling hungry. I am noticing, however, that at times, I need to eat a little more than 4-5oz of food to feel satisfied. Hence, I feel like I'm "overeating". Now, obviously the sense of the word has a completely different meaning than before Weight Loss Surgery (WLS). Before, when I "overate", it meant, that I consumed enough food for two people, and felt like I was going to explode. Now, after WLS, I never eat to the point of explosion, and "overeating" simply means I might eat 6-8oz of food instead of 4-5oz. Not the end of the world, but not the most optimal for maximum effectiveness of the Band.

So, here's my plan... my next appointment is next Friday, the 25th. I will just wait and see, not only the scale results, but find out what the doctor thinks, at that time. That will be 2 weeks after the adjustment. In the meantime, I will keep noting when I feel hungry and pay attention to the amount of food I am consuming. I am trying very hard to be cognizant of all factors while eating...
  • what I'm eating (protein, veg, complex carb, etc); 
  • the amount of time it takes me to eat (putting fork down after each bite and taking a long breath helps slow things down);
  • making sure food is well chewed, and bite not too big; and
  • how much food I am actually eating! (measuring out beforehand helps a lot)
We'll see how things go next week.

Tomorrow I'm going w/ my family to a few wineries in western Jersey to celebrate my aunt's birthday. Looking forward to the family time! Then tomorrow night, I am going bowling w/ several other WLS patients from NJLA. I am really looking forward to this! I get to meet other people who are going through the same things I am, in a fun and active setting. Who doesn't love to bowl, right?!?

Well, I'm off to enjoy the rest of this gorgeous day. Think I'll get my car washed! Soak up the sun, people, soak it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment