Thursday, January 27, 2011

Woo Hoo and Boo Hoo

Test results came back! Good news or bad news first?

Ok, so bad news is, as I feared, I have what's known as a "fatty liver", and is pretty common. What does this mean for me? Well, basically that I will have to start a liquids only pre-op diet, like now. :( Talk about big time bummer, eh? It's a good thing I didn't plan to binge! Oh well. Guess this just means I'll have to get to the grocery store today to stock up on those items I listed yesterday.

Moving on to the good news... my triglycerides and cholesterol numbers have greatly improved since my physical last October! Last October was the first time in my life that my numbers were high. It scared the crap out of me! November 2009 my triglycerides (fats) were 151 (>150 is not good)... October 2010 they went up to an alarming 269! For those of you, like me, who are not quick w/ the math, that's an increase of 118. So not good. I know this is the cause of my fatty liver! Anyway, after just 3 months of basically not eating the food at work for breakfast and lunch anymore, and re-focusing on my whole grains and lean proteins, my triglycerides are now down to 201. Still not great, but what an improvement! As for my cholesterol, in November 2009 they measured in at 196 (>200 not good)... October 2010 they shot up to 226! And now, just 3 months later my cholesterol has dropped down to an awesome 167! :) And my HDL is good too.

I seemed to have passed all other tests as well! Just a little low on my vitamins B12 and D.

Now that I've dug my car out of the foot+ of snow it was buried under, I'm off to stock up on clear liquids and protein shakes! Hope everyone is surviving this snow... it's brutal this year! I feel like we're in an episode of the Twilight Zone, where we really live in a giant snow globe, and some kid keeps shakin' us up. Oy!

Have a lovely rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment