Wednesday, January 26, 2011

T-Minus One Week

One week from this morning, I will be undergoing surgery, and having a foreign object placed around my stomach and in my abdomen. Good times!

All my test results should be in now and I am waiting to hear from the Surgical Coordinator. She said she would give me a call at the end of the day. That could be anywhere between now and 9pm though! Hopefully all is well w/ test results.

I made a list today of items I will need before the surgery to get me through the first phase (protein shakes and clear liquids for 2 weeks... again, good times! ha ha). As I was making this list it hit me... I won't be able to eat "normal" solid food until sometime in March! That's crazy, right?! I'm not sure how I'm going to get through that, but I know I'll manage. I'm determined! Maybe I can just have the anesthesiologist put me to sleep for the next month and wake up healed and ready to eat. Just kidding folks! But, seriously, part of me wants to just binge and eat anything and everything I can think of... kind of like a week-long last supper. However, most people do this and it's not the best thing to do... it causes rapid weight gain, increased fatty liver and causes the surgery to take more time and labor. This is why I created my "food bucket list" back in November! The purpose was to be able to enjoy certain foods I really wanted to enjoy, but might not be able to post-Band, still eat "healthily" and not feel deprived or over-indulgent by the time of the surgery. A good way to keep myself in control and in check. Two things remain on my list... southern smoked brisket and a good philly cheesesteak. Since I have no immediate plans to visit PA, I've cut my losses w/ the cheesesteak, but am determined to have that brisket before next Tuesday! I am also looking forward to a sushi feast on Saturday night! Yum!!! But, I digress... list is made and I need only buy the items.

Silver-lining to all I'm giving up for awhile??? 30 day supply of Percocet!!! :) = Happy Little Val

Quick rant... I have been to 7 different grocery stores in the past couple of days and CANNOT find 8th Continent Complete Vanilla Soy Milk at all! Where did it go??? I even looked it up online, where to buy it, and went to those stores... Nothin'! If anyone sees this at their local store, please let me know ASAP! I really want to use it as the milk basis for my protein shakes. Thank you in advance! And to the "winner"... my undying love and gratitude! :) Ok, ok... I'll bake you a cake! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Val--I found 8th continent at stop&shop but they completely changed the packaging. I meant to text you when I saw it a couple days ago but I guess i got distracted. The packaging is blue and has a sun on it. I was so excited when I saw it. It was at the stop&shop in wyckoff--in case you cant find it anywhere else and get desperate enough to come up to my neck of the woods for some soy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trae! You are a lifesaver!!! I know they changed the appearance last year sometime, and I have been looking for it, but really couldn't find it. I went to a Stop & Shop on Rt. 17 but no luck. I'm going to check Target, and if not, I'll be making a road trip to Wyckoff in the next 2 weeks! You rock.

    ReplyDelete