Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seismic

So, the east coast was shaken awake yesterday afternoon. Mother Nature thought we could use a little jolt. All I have to say is, "Dear West Coast... please keep your tremors to yourself. We're good with the hurricanes and flooding. Thanks. Your loving sibling, East Coast." The funny thing is, everyone was in such a tizzy, and it wasn't even catastrophic (Thank the Goddess!). You know Californians are mocking the hell out of us. LOL My brother was telling me that they were joking about the rate at which news spreads on the internet these days, thanks to Twitter and Facebook, saying that word of the quake was outrunning the quake itself, and people were hearing about it before they were feeling it. Crazy! We had CNN on during dinner last night and heard the anchor say, "After today's dramatic events..." Nick and I looked at each other in disbelief (thinking they were talking about the earlier tremble), then we realized they were talking about Libya... Ok. REAL news! Ha ha

Since the cocktail party, I seem to have shrunk some more. Not in LBs, but literally in clothing. Good thing I'm going back to work and have a new part-time job, because I am very close to needing all new clothes. Got rid of two more pairs of pants that are too big, and will go through my shirts tonight. One of my blue shirts (that I still need for work) is immense, and where my bosom once filled it to capacity, the material now drapes incredibly loose. I'm not complaining... it's definitely a good feeling! And, even though I still have quite a way to go, for the first time in a long time I am actually feeling comfortable in my own skin. Since the difference is measurably noticeable, I thought it was time to create a Before/After photo to post...
Me w/ my cousin, Kevin (LEFT taken 1/1/2011; RIGHT taken 8/7/2011)
This has been a busy week for me... started my new part-time job at Sears, so I've been working every day (yay!). Monday night went to the Studio at Webster Hall to see Julia Nunes play with my brother. Last night, my siblings and I had dinner at Abuela's. Tonight is catch-up. Tomorrow, spending the day with my mom and family dinner at night. Close the store on Friday night. Then Saturday picnic and heading upstate to spend the night at mom's and go to Wine Festival at Bethelwoods on Sunday. 

Oh, mentioning the picnic reminds me to tell you a little about a new project I'm co-working on. Some of us NJLA patients have been talking about getting together our own group of WLS survivors for extra support along this journey. We came up with a name (Twisted Banditz), Dan created a FB group page, I am working on designing an emblem/logo for the group (will post pic when done), and Alan came up with an idea to have a picnic in the park, which will be our kick-off event, to be held this Saturday! We've already had a great response and by the end of the day had almost 30 members join the group! The idea is to provide a healthy forum for extra support amongst our community, and share knowledge based on each of our strengths and accomplishments. We'll see where it goes, but for now it's just a fun project. Dan even ordered a ton of those rubber bracelets. lol

Well, that's all for now, folks! Hope you've been enjoying the splendid weather we've been blessed with these past few days, here in northern NJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment