Thursday, August 11, 2011

On a Roll Again!

Apparently that last adjustment I had was the key! Gaspar, you're the best! All of a sudden the weight seems to literally be melting off me, and it's happening so fast. Went for a weigh-in last Friday, the 5th, just to see how I did in the 2 weeks post-adjustment, and... I lost 6lbs in that short time (42lbs total)! As a result, I have also lowered my BMI to below 40, therefore no longer classifying me as, the horrifying, "Morbidly Obese". I'm a happy girl! Slowly, but surely, I'm getting there, and feel great in the process. Really couldn't be happier about my health situation. Also, it seems those 6 little pounds have made a significant difference in my appearance, because everyone seems to be amazed at how much smaller I look and thinner my face is, even if it's only been a few weeks since they last saw me. 

Over the summer, the practice held three softball games, Patients vs. Staff. The staff won the first game, and patients the second, so Thomas (ED of the practice, and husband to Dr. V) declared that the winner of the third and final game would receive a prize. Of course, us patients kicked ass by a staggering 23-10! The prize was our choice... either a 3-month supply of vitamins, or a spa treatment. I opted for the spa treatment, which I happened to redeem after my weigh-in on Friday. So, feeling light and elated, I headed to the Glenpointe where I enjoyed a manicure, 30min facial and 30min massage. My first professional massage ever. It was divine, but not nearly long enough! And, for those of you wondering, I had a male masseuse... figured I might as well go big! Ha ha

Spent Saturday at the Bronx Zoo with Mauro, Claudia & her son, Andre. It was a lot of fun! They had this "Passport" excursion for children, that I played with Andre... we went all over the zoo getting the passports stamped and were able to fill them!

Watched Source Code the other day... it was pretty good. But, the movie I saw recently that I really loved was Limitless with Bradley Cooper (love that man!)... it was awesome!!! Highly recommend it. If you see it, let me know what you think. Anyone have any other movie recommendations for me?

Had a discussion with my friend last night about how the English language isn't what it used to be. Words used to be rich and saturated with lavishness. Now everything is "Yo" "Sup?" and "Um, like". When did we become so lazy and languid? I was thinking about how the Romeo & Juliet balcony scene might sound today... "Fuck, Romeo! Why the Hell do you have to be a fuckin' Montague? Dude! I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter, it's just a name. Coffee's still coffee whether you call it java, joe or what-have-you. Whatevs. Guess I could just give up my name? Fuck it! Let my parents try and stop me. I'm old enough to do what I want!" As opposed to the classic, "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou, Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse they name. Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet...What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet, so Romeo would, were he not Romeo called." Oh well... what would a post be without a little side-rant from me, right? Ha ha Something to ponder...

Well, my sister's off her shift, so I'm going to go hang out with her. Have a lovely day... it's beautiful here!

No comments:

Post a Comment